Wednesday, October 10, 2012

OPPRESSED Arelia LaRue Book #4 Teaser!!!






Chapter One
The Funeral

A wicked wind combed through my long hair while the stars above me floated against a pale violet sky that had just been abandoned by an angry sun.  The humid summer air was oblivious to my despair as I sat there half- paralyzed, reluctant to move, breathe or even think. The smell of damp earth and freshly cut lilies was strangely enticing and equally gruesome as it danced around the grave infront of me. I leaned against a fat oak and let its claw-like branches brush against my cheek in a consoling almost motherly manner.

Unsure of how I had gotten to the point I was at I was unaware if I should move one step forward or one step backwards so I did nothing at all. Certainly doing nothing was better than searching for answers that I wasn’t ready to hear or willing to understand, or was it?

After I had kissed Lucus good-bye the world had gone blank as if someone or something had hit the reset button on the strange movie that was supposedly my life.  Nothingness slowly transformed into an overpowering sense of dread and utter helplessness and then without warning I found myself sitting infront of an unmarked grave in the corner of Darkwood cemetery. Around me, tombs swayed to a savage, ghostly rhythm that was all too familiar. Their strange shadows intertwined and surrounded me, tempting me to join them in their never ending party.

20 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I honestly can't wait for this book to come out on iBooks! I love love LOVE the series and I think you're an amazing writer!! Even though I have to wait another month, it's totally worth it! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this book either. I keep checking to see if you post when exactly will the book be out. The books are so good I read them back to back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shania and Adalinda :). I'm going to post the exact date sometime in November. I don't want to post the date until I know for sure :))))))) Thank you guys :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the best novels i have read in a long time. I too read all three novelas back to back, barely able to set them down. I will be catching up on all of the house cleaning (hopefully it will help with Arelia withdrawls) while eagerly awaiting the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait for this book to come out! I stumbled upon the first book and immediately became obsessed! The plot is simply amazing and I love that I learned so much about Voodoo/Hoodoo. You are officially one of my favorite authors. Thank you so much for these wonderful books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much guys :))))) I'm really excited about book #4!!!! Fingers crossed you'll enjoy it too :))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like I said before, can't wait!! (((:

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! This is sweet torture!! lol I'm going to go eat some chocolate!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my. I cant wait! I love the description and how everything around Arelia is so life like. Just amazing if you ask me:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to November so I get to dive right into this book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When i stubled acrossed your novel i fell in love with it. I can honestly say that i havent enjoyed read since i finished the harry potter series and now i cant wait for book number for to come out. I hope i dont have to wait to long for the book to bn cause i will go insane if i dont have my Lucas and Arelia fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You flatter me, Tracy :PP Thank you so much for reading. I truly appreciate that you took a chance on the series. Book #4 is coming up soon. I know readers hate waiting but I want to put a book that I'm proud of and one that readers will enjoy as well. I'm going to post a release date soon :)))) Thank you :))))

      Delete
  12. When is book 5 out?? I honestly can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura,
      Thank you so much for reading. It will be out in June :)

      Delete
  13. Where is book 5 please. Im totally and completely obsesssed with this series and have nothing (after completing book4) worthy of reading. You, Kira, are an amazing writer. When are you coming to New Orleans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL,Kourtney that made me laugh. Have you found your next read? I'm ready for New Orleans anytime :P

      Book 5 will be out in June :).

      Delete
  14. I did read Kindred by Octavia Butler..it blew my mind. Now Im again waiting for another good one to snag me and hold me over 'til June:)
    Come on down for Jazz Fest and we'll show you a wonderful time.
    allenkourtney67@yahoo, com
    If you really make it, between my new catering company and the goodies at the festival, hungry is the last thing you'be! But dont worry, we'll dance it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I have to check out Kindred! Catering company? Wow that is great news !!! I'm going to email you for some recipes, if that is okay!

      Delete
    2. That would be just fine, can't wait to hear from you!

      Delete